Today’s case study shows how typical roadblocks can be turned into a super fun obstacle course. Keep on reading to see how our client, Baci Gelato got a total packaging refresh while working on a tight budget.
Baci Gelato reached out in an effort to improve their current product packaging. After a series of thoughtful questions, we were able to break down some very specific concerns and constraints:
1. Current package size is awkward and does not stand out alongside other frozen dessert options
2. Design for two product types in 23 distinct flavors
3. Showcase the products natural highlights while being packaged: real fruit, colorful toppings, candy and syrup swirls mixed in.
4. Work within a small budget that doesn’t allow for 23 print variations
We analyzed these challenges and from there, came up with the following solutions:
1. Update the package dimensions to the standard pint size
2. Create two transparent packaging styles: one design for gelato and another design for sorbet
3. Individually print flavor labels & ingredient/barcode stickers that seamlessly work into the overall design.
4. Switch to transparent lids so the delicious toppings are visible, making for a more shopper friendly in-store experience.
5. New copy on the side of packaging to speak to the essence of Baci.
Happy clients and intrigued consumers. Each flavor is distinguished by transparent packaging allowing the swirls of goodness shine through. Gelato flavors are stamped with the classic Baci Gelato swirl logo and the sorbets are stamped with fruit shapes. Much improved shelf display. Increased sales perpetuating a growing brand.
Often times, small budgets get you to think outside the box and inspire resourcefulness and creativity. It’s within these constraints that natural magic is born and the best ideas are activated. If you want to be progressive with your strategy and approach, be open to a brand reboot, it could be EXACTLY what you need. Refreshing your brand can be incredibly intimidating but when you work with a thoughtful team that just gets you, amazing things can happen. Monday Creatives exists because businesses need an outside perspective, resourcefulness, creativity, time and energy. Our work isn’t done until the client is also shining bright.
Got some challenges of your own? Let’s work them out, email us at email@example.com.